Here at KESH Academy, we believe that every child has the ability to achieve.
- Special Educational Needs students are entitled to respect and understanding from their peers and their teacher.
- Special Educational Needs students have the opportunity to experience a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Special Educational Needs students have their individual needs addressed as far as is practicable within the Academy.
- The stated aims of the Academy apply equally to all students regardless of their educational needs.
- It is the belief of the Learning Support Department that all students possess skills and abilities which can be developed to a maximum while they are in attendance.
- Expectations of students with Special Educational Needs are high; staff encourage students to do work to the best of their ability.
- Support staff work closely with the classroom teacher to support SEN students. Where appropriate additional support is given to improve the reading, writing and mathematical skills of students.
- The views of parents are always welcome. Parents are encouraged to attend review meetings and to contribute to student profiles identifying strategies in place to support students' learning.
The SENCO at King Edward VI Sheldon Heath Academy is Mrs Arvine Bird.
A PDF reader will be needed to view these files. You can obtain one from the Adobe website.