King Edward VI Sheldon Heath Academy is a uniform Academy. Pupils in Years 7 - 11 are expected to wear school uniform at all times and a high standard of dress is required. We look to parents to support the Academy in this matter. By sending your child to this Academy you accept the uniform regulations. Sixth form students are expected to dress appropriately for their studies. Students are also required to wear the Academy PE kit for games and physical education. Any family who requires financial assistance acquiring Academy uniform should contact the pastoral manager for the respective house group at the Academy. The Academy will endeavour to accommodate reasonable adaptations of the uniform to enable students to observe religious requirements.
|Black trousers of regular shape and formal design/fabric||Only Academy black trousers of regular shape and formal design/fabric (not tapered or skinny leg) OR only an Academy black knee length skirt. Both trousers and skirts are specifically designed with red stitiching at the waistline; skirts also have the Academy logo at the hem|
|Plain white shirt with top button||Plain white shirt with top button|
|Academy clip on tie||Academy clip on tie|
|Academy boys blazer||Academy girls blazer|
|Academy black V-necked jumper||Academy black V-necked jumper|
|The only shoes allowed are plain black shoes, leather or leather effect – with black laces - no suede, fur, patent (shiny)leather, logos or boots allowed.||The only shoes allowed are sensible plain black shoes, leather or leather effect – no suede, fur, patent (shiny) leather, logos or boots allowed.|
|Plain white or plain black socks||Plain white/black ankle length socks OR flesh coloured/plain black tights for years 7 and 8. Flesh coloured/plain black tights for years 9-11.|
|Academy bag only for years 7-9 - not a pouch bag.||Academy bag only for years 7-9 - not a pouch bag.|
|Appropriate school bag for years 10-11 - not a pouch bag||Appropriate school bag for years 10-11 - not a pouch bag|
|Grammar guide||Grammar guide|
|Student Planner for Years 7,8 & 9.||Student Planner for Years 7,8 & 9.|
|Diary for years 10 & 11||Diary for years 10 & 11|
|Boys P.E/Games||Girls P.E/Games|
|Black shorts with Academy logo||House polo shirt|
|House polo shirt||Trainers|
|Black/house colour reversible rugby shirt||Black shorts (optional)|
|Trainers||Black sweatshirt with Academy logo|
|Football boots||Black Academy tracksuit bottoms|
|Black sports socks||Black sports socks|
Hair styles should be appropriate. For example excessive razor cuts, Mohicans, tram lines and spiked hair will not be acceptable.
- Hair colour should be within the natural range - for example green, blue and the like are not permitted. If in doubt, consult the Academy prior to proceeding with hair cut or colour.
The only jewellery allowed is a wrist watch, one ring and one stud in each ear.
- Ear stretchers are not allowed.
- No sovereign rings allowed.
- Jewellery on other parts of the body is not allowed including body/facial piercings.
- No fashion accessories are allowed.
- The only shoes allowed must be black plain leather/leather effect with black laces and no significant trim which is other than black. Shiny leather, suede or suede effect shoes are not allowed.
- Open toed shoes and shoes without a back are a health and safety hazard and should not be worn.
- Trainers must not be worn around the Academy.
Mobile phones and other valuables
We would advise that these are not brought into Academy.
- Students in Academy using a mobile phone or in possession of a mobile phone that is switched on and this comes to the attention of a member of staff, will have the phone confiscated and it will be returned to the parent/carer; the earliest being the following day.
- During P.E. lessons it is the students responsibility to hand in the mobile phone to a member of staff for safekeeping.
- Taking or attempting to take a mobile phone into an examination carries more serious consequences. The Academy will confiscate the phone and the earliest it will be returned to the parent/carer is the end of the examination period. Another sanction may be applied. In the case of formal, external examinations, the matter must be referred to the respective examination board.
- No denim, corduroy, linen or casual type of material.
- Sweatshirts should not be worn.
- Only the Academy jumper can be worn.
- For girls, only the Academy design skirt can be worn.
- For girls, only the Academy design trousers can be worn.
- Baseball caps should not be worn.
- Religious observance – Black head scarves may be worn by girls. Please contact the Academy for advice on other items of religious attire.
- Coats, hats, scarves and gloves should not be worn in the Academy building
- Make up, if worn, must be subtle.
- No nail varnish, false or acrylic nails.
- If a belt is worn it must be plain black with a plain buckle.
- A pouch bag should not be worn.
The Academy is unable to take responsibility for valuables. Any family who requires financial assistance acquiring Academy uniform should contact the pastoral manager for the respective house group at the Academy.
Please label all items of clothing and equipment with the student’s name.